Tuesday, January 15, 2008

AT THE BEACH HOUSE

Even thought I went swimming at the beach when I was just a little bubby, this was my first real swim at the beach in Busselton. We'll call it my first successful swim. I had a great time sitting by the water's edge and sussing things out...
... before Daddy and I started building a sandcastle together. Well, I was building the sandcastle and Daddy was seeing how big a hole he could dig - and yes, it filled with water.
Then it was time for some serious swimming and I loved it - I didn't want Daddy, or Mummy, or Gran, or anyone for that matter holding me back. After a couple of good stacks (one with a great save by Pop Mark) I realised that perhaps being held back for a little while wasn't such a bad thing after all.
When I thought it was time to get out, my lovely new beach poncho was waiting for me. Mmmm, cosy and warm!
The next day, Gran and Pop's friends the Pikes came down for a visit. They even had a little friend for me to play with - Sienna. She was just a little bit younger than me and just starting to walk. I wasn't too sure I really wanted to share my chair though as you can kind of tell by my frowny eyebrows in this picture.And who's the greatest? Still Hannah of course.
Here I am with Daddy and my baby, a pressie that Gran bought for me when she was in Canada. I do love my baby. I go and find her when someone asks me to and I always have lots of kisses and cuddles for her.Not only did the Pikes come to visit, but Dave and Nic and Jack and Toby came down too. I love playing with Jack and this time it was extra fun - they had a big new tent pitched in the yard just right for us to run around in!And when Uncle Paul and Scotty left (because they were there too), they left lots of cans of XXXX Gold (which Daddy says is old man beer) in the ice box. And we all know how I love to get into an ice box!And for those of you about to call child services, the can remained unopened throughout this photo shoot!

The beach house is great - I can't wait to go again soon.
Hannah.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are turning into a wild woman there Miss Hannah! Or at very least a very social butterfly :-)

Thanks for the photos - especially of Gran and Dad ... I mean I always enjoy seeing your beautiful face and run around excitedly showing my friends, but the bonus of seeing the rest of the family is always great too :-)

Can't wait to find out what you are up to next :-)

Anonymous said...

Love the photos, particularly I like the stories that go with the photos
G Grandma Doffie