Wednesday, November 07, 2007

SPOTTY, DOTTY BUBBY

Since I just turned one, Mummy took me to have my 12 month immunisations - I'm not sure that I want to have any more birthdays if that's what happens! Did you know they stick needles in you! Three of them, one in both of my legs and, as if that's not bad enough, another one in my arm!

To make matters worse, I had a reaction to the measles shot. Apparently it's pretty common and one in 20 have the same reaction, but my doctor says mine was the best he has ever seen! I had a really high temperature for a couple of days which wasn't any fun at all. Then I broke out in a crazy rash. Mum took some pictures of my spots but says that the photos don't really do it justice.
By the time the rash came I was starting to feel a little better, I even had some fun in the big girl bath with my new toys - the letters that stick on the side of the tub are great, even if Mummy and Daddy really do write some silly things sometimes!
Oh well, at least such a strong reaction means I have a super immune system - that's what Dr Parry said, anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww look at those spots you poor thing! Hope you're feeling better now.

Luv Aunty Blythe
xxxx

Unknown said...

You poor little chicken! I remember spots and they certainly are not my idea of fun!

Mind you the photos tell me that not only do you have a super immune system but you are obviously also blessed with resilience - imagine, smiling while you have spots - and yes I have factored int he new toys!!!!!

Get better soon :-)