Tuesday, November 20, 2007

MY 'FIRST' BOAT TRIP

A couple of weekends ago, I got to have a ride in Pop Mark's boat - a real one this time, not just a pretend one around the back yard! It's not my first official trip on a boat since I rode the ferry in Brisbane, but it's my first time on a little boat and my first time wearing my very own life jacket. Daddy calls it a personal flotation device but those words are a little big for a bubby like me (at least for the next couple of weeks).I was a little unsure once we actually go out on the water, but there were lots of warm cuddles to help me feel safe, some from Daddy and some from Gran. I was most impressed with the whistle on my jacket - I am practising so I can use it all on my own.

And after our cruise around the estuary, we motored back through the canals to the boat ramp next to Mummy and Daddy's old house in Waterside Drive. I was pretty impressed with myself having survived my maiden voyage as you can see in the picture above.

Time to go and catch some sleep, that Mummy keeps waking me up in the middle of the night, or is it the other way around...

Love,
Hannah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That top photo needs a caption - What is Hannah saying? Is it, "You should have seen the one that got away - it was this big"..
Or is she just doing a Wiggles impersonation?

Nana

Unknown said...

Great photos - nice to see one of you too Auntie Julie :-)