Saturday, November 11, 2006

AT 6 WEEKS

So, despite my parents' obvious lack of experience in child rearing, I have made it to 6 weeks of age and am doing pretty well. I have started holding my own head up, although sometimes I get a bit tired and lose control - I look a bit like my Grandad when he is falling asleep on the lounge! I am holding a rattle when it's given to me and am just starting to reach out and touch things that I want to get my hands on. You know, toys, Mum's shirt, Johnno when he comes close enough...

I have also started to smile, aside from the obvious farting grins. I don't quite understand why, but the first two times I tried it, Mum cried. What a giant girl! What she doesn't realise is that I am smiling because she sounds like such a dork when she talks to me - and she said she would never talk like that to a baby. But I do like that we have started reading books together now. Dorothy the Dinosaur sure gets up to some exciting adventures. I just can't wait to hear more!

I have grown out of the 000 size clothes and am now into the 00. I am off to the pediatrician next week and to see the child health nurse too. I'll let you know how I go. Mum and Dad say I grow in length every day and have really chubbed up - they can talk!!

So that's what's happening with me at the moment. Gran and Pop Mark have gone back to Brisbane and I miss them a lot. My Nana and Grandad come down to visit often - I really like it when they come and I know Johnno appreciates the attention too!

I'm off to spend some more time with Dad - I miss him when he is at work so I have to make the most of the weekends. No one cuddles like my Dad!

Love,

Hannah



No comments: