Monday, October 01, 2007

BIRTHDAY GIRL!

Well, I've made it. I am now officially a one-year-old. Mummy says I am growing up so fast - I'm not sure if she means I can do so many clever things now or if she just means I am literally growing in the upwards direction quickly... She also says she thinks I am becoming a beautiful little girl and Daddy keeps going on about how much personality I have (I'm not sure what personality is but I hope it's a good thing!)

The photos I've posted here were taken on my birthday - September 29th. It also happened to be AFL Grand Final Day (and I should note that Geelong beat Port in the most boring game ever). This first photo is me standing behind my tower of presents - I hope the tower gets taller as I do each year!Here I am after Daddy helped me to open a couple of my presents - he's working on getting my new Little People Plane out of it's box while I do my best Derek Zoolander impersonation.And boy, was I happy with my pressies! If you look carefully, you can see my favourite new toy in my left hand - it's the little red headed pilot from my plane and I haven't put her down since I got her (with the exception of naps and meals - although she has had a bit of a kip with me a couple of times)Mummy's favourite new toy is the zoo - you should see how clever she is. She can even put all the animals in alphabetical order (and yes, she has done that more than once already). I prefer a more random, all-over the house configuration, but that's just me.And this last picture shows what happens when Daddy gets to dress me in the morning. So what does my t-shirt actually say? My Daddy knows how to fix things? No. My Daddy knows about computers? No. My Daddy knows Mummy is the boss? No. It actually says 'My Daddy knows everything'. I am still waiting for the proof on this one!So at one, I am walking, I can feed myself, I am starting talk, I know how to work a crowd and I have lots and lots of admiring fans and friends. It's a pretty good life being one. Stay tuned for party post - very exciting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Hannah!

Looks like you had a good birthday with nice pressies!

From Henrik & Ida

Anonymous said...

I think you are very lucky to have a Daddy still Hannah, so let Mum give him credit for just still being here!

Anonymous said...

Hannah, you crack me up! Your jokes about your Dad are so funny. But I have to agree, I'm still waiting for proof of that too - JUST JOKES!!!

Love,

Sophie
PS - "Uncle" Tim, you know we love you but us girls out number you boys now so look out :-)