Thursday, October 04, 2007

PARTY! PARTY! PARTY!

You know what? I am such a lucky little girl. To celebrate my first birthday, Mummy and Daddy organised a fantastic party for me (well, Mummy did most of the work). All my family and friends came and I had the best time. Not only was I totally spoilt with all the beautiful pressies, but I got some of the best cuddles ever from so many different people. It's lucky I'm such a little socialite or it could have been overwhelming!

Here I am having a great time walking around the back yard. Mummy says I look beautiful in yellow - even if it was yellow with a tinge of grease and chocolate by the end of the day. (Thanks Aunty Blythe for saving me from a whole body coating of boat grease!)And all us kids were very lucky because Pop Mark let us play on his boat. Here I am with my cousin Jack and one of my best friends Maddison. Then it was time for the cake. Mmmm, cake. I thought the candle was lovely, but I can't figure out why Mummy would freak out whenever I put my hand near it. And she said she wouldn't be one of these overprotective types...
Mummy wasted, oops, I mean took lots of time to put each M&M mini around the outside of the cake - they had to follow the colour pattern or there would have been trouble. And if you can't see it quite clearly in the photos, she even spelled Hannah out in M&Ms on the top.Mummy and Daddy even let me stick my hand into the icing to have a little taste. There's nothing like red food colouring to fire up a little one!Overall, it was a fantastic party and I'm so glad everyone could make it. Thank you all so much for your well wishes and for all the lovely presents - I have many hours of fun and looking good ahead of me!
And all I can say now is.... bring on Christmas!

No comments: