Tuesday, March 13, 2007

FOOD IS GOOD

While my Gran was visiting, I have been busy honing my skills on the mat and my new found talent for eating!
As far as the eating goes, it's pretty much just been rice cereal so far - Mmm, ground up rice mixed with milk, who wouldn't go nuts for that! I have also tried some pureed carrot and some pureed apple. I'm not so sure about the carrot but I think apple will be a favourite of mine. Mum can't be sure how much food is actually making its way into my tummy, it appears that most of it is shared equally between my face, my hands, my bib, the clothes under my bib, the high chair tray, the table next to the high chair, Mum's hands and for some reason Mum's arms end up caked in the mush of the day. But I'm getting there!


And as for my tricks... well I have perfected the back to tummy roll. I practise that when I am supposed to be going to sleep in my cot. The fact that I end up squished up against the bars with my arms hanging out of random gaps makes the sleeping part a little hard, but it's fun to watch Mum or Dad come running when I cry out in pain.

I can push right up when I am lying on my tummy now which makes eye to eye contact with Johnno a lot easier - if only he would stay still for me. And I am started to lift my bum up which means crawling is only weeks or even days away.

Time to go and talk to my buddy Johnno (not the greatest conversationalist, but gee he's cute!)

Love,

Hannah

No comments: